Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Biggest Musical Influences?

Matt (Guitar, Keys)

"I was a wee child listening to Iron Maiden, the Offspring and Sponge. Getting into my own taste I grew off of Limp Bizkit, Korn; the whole Nu Metal/Nu Rock thing, but then i learned to appreciate guitar and picked up on that and then eventually learned to appreciate music as a whole and all the instruments used to orchestrate. ."


Nick (Vocals,Guitar)

"Linkin Park was the reason i decided to start writing and playing my own songs back in the summer of 2001, i still love the Hybrid Theory album to this day. AFI is surely my biggest inspiration musically, Jade Puget packs the power of 3 guitars and is the only guitar player in the band and is a great craftsman. I have a huge love & appreciation for Paramore, Hayley Williams is just a great frontwoman and performer, some try to aquire it and she just has it. I absolutely love bands like Set Your Goals, No Doubt, 30 Seconds To Mars, P.O.D., As I Lay Dying, Tegan & Sara, Eyes Set To Kill & Escape The Fate. Being from Jamaica, i have a great love for the classic reggae artists like Toots & Barrington Levy, they pack power too...just in a different vibe. When people ask who His Lament sounds like, i really never answer fully....that's a tough one. I think that's a result of our widely opened ears and hearts. I love artists from many different genres, music is music and is meant to inspire and enjoy"

No comments:

Post a Comment